Taxpayer Relief Provisions available to taxpayers affected by spring flooding

The CRA understands that natural disasters may cause great difficulties. The CRA can provide relief to affected taxpayers if they were unable to file their personal income tax returns and pay any balances owing before midnight May 2nd due to flooding. Business owners and self?employed individuals who were unable to meet their filing and payment obligations are also eligible for relief.

Taxpayers should submit their request in writing using form RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief. The CRA will consider these requests on a case?by?case basis.

If taxpayers are unable to physically access the financial institutions they normally depend on, the CRA’s e-Services, which include direct deposit, can provide quick access to tax payment and account information. The CRA encourages all taxpayers to sign up for e-Services at

Taxpayers who have been affected by spring flooding and who have questions or concerns regarding the taxpayer relief provisions can access additional information on the CRA website at or can call the CRA at 1?800?959?8281. Business owners and self?employed taxpayers with questions/concerns should call the CRA’s Business Enquiries line at 1-800-959-5525.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *