A Note on Outstanding CPP, EI, and QPIP Contributions

What happens if you discover that you have not deducted enough CPP, EI or QPIP from an employees pay-cheque? Often time this error is uncovered when the CRA sends you a Notice of Assessment or you may uncover the error yourself.  The contributions can be made up by deducting these under contributions on future pay-cheques to the employee.  This can be done for outstanding contributions that are not more than 12 months old.

For further information,  see the CRA website here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *