Canadian individuals and businesses can authorize their representatives online if their representative has registered with the Canada Revenue Agency’s Represent a client service.
There are benefits to authorizing a representative online:
- Your representative will have instant, secure access to the information needed to help complete your income tax and benefit return
- Your representative will have the access to complete certain transactions on your behalf.
- The service is available to you to authorize a representative online 21hours a day, 7days a week.
- You can change or revoke your representative’s authorization
In order to take advantage of this service all you need to do is log in to your My Account service, select Authorize my representative, and complete the four easy steps.
- To access My Account for the first time, you will need to register for a Government of Canada epass and a CRA Security Code will be mailed to your address on record with CRA.
- If you don’t have an epass, see CRA epass services and register
For more information, visit www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount.