Author: Liz O'Dowd

Do you own foreign property?

Do you own foreign property that needs to be reported to the Canada Revenue Agency? If so, you may be able to take advantage of a new simplified reporting method Did you know? Taxpayers who own specified foreign property costing… {Read more}

Managing your small business

3.5 Reasons To Seek Small Business Tax Help Unless you get thrills from poring through convoluted tax language or performing complicated calculations, managing your small business tax responsibilities is no fun. Odds are, you didn’t start your business so you… {Read more}

Your small business profits

3 Severe Errors Draining Your Small Business Profits The life of a small business owner is filled with challenges. Every decision you make has an impact on the financial health of your business. Building up your small business profits requires… {Read more}

Working Income Tax Benefit

2015 Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) The working income tax benefit (WITB) is a federal refundable tax credit which has been available since 2007, for low-income individuals or families with working income over $3,000 (base amount for most provinces and… {Read more}