You’ve got online mail … from the Canada Revenue Agency
What’s new? CRA has online mail
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has created a new service that allows businesses to receive some of their correspondence from the CRA online. It’s fast, secure and you can view your mail online when it’s convenient for you–it’s a piece of cake!
Why should I sign up?
Managing your mail online is:
- Paperless—viewing your correspondence online means less paper clutter around the office. The CRA even sends you an email notification when there is new mail in your secure online account, so you won’t miss a thing.
- Convenient—when there is correspondence to view, you only need to log in to My Business Account. No new user name or password is required.
- Secure—the CRA takes the protection of Canadians’ tax information very seriously. The CRA uses the same high levels of security that financial institutions use to protect your banking information.
What type of correspondence can I receive?
Businesses can currently receive notices of assessment and reassessment and some letters online for the accounts you select—corporate and GST/HST accounts, for example. More types of correspondence, including payroll-related mail, will be available online in the future.
How do I sign up?
Signing up is easy – follow these steps:
- Register or log in to My Business Account.
- Select “Manage online mail.”
- Follow the prompts on the screen to select the accounts for which you would like to receive online mail.
This initiative is one more step toward faster, more efficient, and less costly paperless transactions with the CRA. Reduce your cost of doing business by saving time–go online!