- March 1, 2011, is the last day you can contribute to a RRSP for the 2010 tax year.
- The amount you can contribute to your RRSPs each year without tax implications is determined by your RRSP deduction limit, or “contribution room,” which can be found on your 2009 Notice of Assessment.
- The most recent information about your RRSP deduction limit is available through My Account at www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount.
- If you are not registered to use My Account, you can get your RRSP deduction limit using the Quick Access service at www.cra.gc.ca/quickaccess.
- December 31 of the year you turn 71 is the last day that you can contribute to your RRSPs. For more information, see RRSP options when you turn 71.
- Be very cautious of offers that allow you to make tax-free withdrawals of RRSP funds. Offers that sound too good to be true usually are. Read about RRSP tax-free withdrawal schemes to protect yourself.