How to make HRTC work for Condo owners

You can claim renovations qualifying for the home renovation tax credit even if you own a condo.  Obtain a statement from the co-operative housing corporation or condominium corporation (or, for civil law, a syndicate of co-owners) signed by an authorized individual identifying:

  • The amounts incurred for the renovation or the alteration work;
  • As a condominium owner, your portion of these expenses if the work is performed on common areas;
  • Information that clearly identifies the vendor/contractor, their business address and, if applicable, their GST/HST registration number; 
  • A description of the work performed and the dates when the work or services were performed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *